Rajasthan Police is going to fill up, 10000 vacancies of constables ( General and driver ) in the largest state of the country very soon; The advertisement for the recruitment is already given . Interested and eligible candidates may apply for these posts online up to 08/11/2012 . Do not forget to see the eligibility criteria before you apply .
If you have already applied for the concerned vacancies then you must know the selection process ( exam pattern ) for this recruitment . Let us talk in detail :-
The recruitment process consist of 7 different stages which are following -
- Written Exam
- Proficiency Test ( Not for general constables )
- Special Qualification Marking
- Merit List
- Medical Examinaiton
- Verification of Certificates and Character
Written Exam is the first and most important stage of the selection procedure . All the candidates who are eligible for the given posts, will be called for written examination . The admit card will be send to all the candidates, and the entry will be provisional .
All the details about written exam such as place, time ( 2.00 PM to 4.00 PM ) will be available in the admit card .
Written Exam Pattern
Written exam question paper consist of three parts :-
A – General Reasoning and Logic – 30 marks
B – General Science, Current Affairs & General Knowledge – 15 marks
C – Rajasthan G.K. – 30 marks
- The first part ( A ) will consist of the same reasoning questions as we get in a bank clerk exam or recently given ‘ SSC CHSL Exam ‘ .
- The second part ( B ) is also the same as of any other G.K. exam of higher secondary level; Current affairs are more important .
- The third part ( C ) is all about Rajasthan; It will consist of 30 questions based on culture, geography, arts, industries of Rajasthan . This part is tough and as compare to others . So candidates are advised to take a extra look on this .
There are some qualifying standards in the written examination; You need to get marks according to the following table in each part ( A, B and C )
- General / OBC / SBC – 40%
- SC / ST – 36%
- SC / ST of tribal sub plan area – 30%
- Saharia Candidates of Kisanganj and Shahbad Tehsil of district Baran – 25%
Yes, there is a negative marking in the written examination; It’s following for all the three parts .
- Part A – For every right answer, you will be awarded 1 mark and for every wrong answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted .
- Part B – For every right answer, you will be awarded 0.50 mark and for every wrong answer, 1/8 marks will be deducted .
- Part C – For every right answer, you will be awarded 0.50 mark and for every wrong answer, 1/8 marks will be deducted .
PMT & PET
Physical Measurement Test ( PMT ) and Physical Efficiency Test ( PET ), comes under the second stage of the selection process . About 50,000 + candidates will be called for these tests .
The details about PMT & PET are following :-
Physical Standard Test
- Male – The minimum height is 168 cms. and the chest is 81 cms. ( un-expended ) and 86 cms. ( expended )
- Female – The minimum height is 152 cms.
There is relaxation available for some reserved categories .
There will be no marks for this test ( Qualify nature test ) . IF you want to appeal against a wrong decision in this test then you have to deposit a fee of Rs. 500 on the same day and if you found true then this will be returned to you otherwise not .
Physical Efficiancy Test
There will be marks for this test; 15 for general constable and 10 for drivers ( Maximum ) . You need to produce a physical fitness certificate from any state government doctor for taking part in this test .The table is following :-
Proficiency Test ( Not for general constables )
This test is only for constable driver, This test is to know about your skills in the driving profession . The test consist of the maximum 15 marks :-
- Stop test – 2 marks
- Steering Test – 2 marks
- Slalom Test – 4 marks
- Driving of Heavy Vehicle – 4 marks
- Removing three defects in the Vehicle – 3 marks
Some extra marks will be awarded if the candidate is having any of the special qualification :-
- ‘ C ‘ Certificate – 5 marks
- ‘B ‘ Certificate – 3 marks
- ‘ A ‘ Certificate – 2 marks
- Borded home guard volunteer who have served more than 2 years continuously – 3 marks
- Urban or rural home guard volunteer who have served more than 3 years continuously – 2 marks
- Urban or rural home guard volunteer who have served more than 2 years continuously – 1 mark
Computer Knowledge Certificate
- An O, A, C or any other higher level course from DOEACC GOI – 2 marks
- RS-CIT pass, an exam by R.K.C.L – 1 mark
Selected List ( Merit List )
Now the marks of all the stages will be counted and if the total marks of the candidate is not according to the following table then he/she will be declared as ‘ FAIL ‘ .
|Category||Minimum Percentage of Marks Required|
|OBC/SBC / SC / ST / Female Candidates||40|
|SC / ST of tribal sub plan area||35|
|Saharia Candidates of Kisanganj and Shahbad Tehsil of district Baran||30|
Now all the candidates who are qualified according to this table, will further have to fight for merit list .
Medical Panel will conduct a detailed medical examination for the selected candidates and the candidate who found to be ‘ UNFIT ‘ will be dropped from the selected list . Any candidate may appeal against the decision of the medical panel and a second one will examine him/her .
Some facts about medical examination are following :-
- Eye sight must be 6/6 without glasses .
- The candidate must be mentally strong and healthy .
- Candidate must not have knock nee, varicose veins, squint, night blindness, flat foot etc.
Verification of Certificates and Character
If you are declared as ‘ FIT’ in the medical examination then you will be called for document verification, if the documents are found genuine then your character will also be examined in a prescribed manner by the selection board .
If all these things go right then an appointment letter will be issued by the recruitment cell of Rajasthan Police .
Best of luck !