Yesterday on 21-10-2012 ( 21/10/2012); Staff Selection Commission ( SSC ) conducted a written examination for the post of lower division clerk and data entry operator; This written examination is a part of selection process for SSC CHSL ( 10+2 level ) examination 2012 .
Two more sessions of written examination will be conducted by SSC on 28/10/2012 and 04/11/2012 . Normally SSC conducts the written exam for two sessions but this time, there is a huge list of eligible candidates so the remaining candidates will be called for the first stage of the exam on 4th of the next month .
Now let’s get to the point; As we know, about half of the candidates have already given this exam yesterday so there are two advantages for remaining candidate-
- First they have more time to prepare well for the written exam .
- And the second; The exact standard of the questions can be seen in the previous paper before you they appear for exam .
So here we are with questions asked in SSC CHSL exam 2012 ( 21/10/2012 )
There are four parts in the question paper :-
1. General Intelligence
2. English Language
3. Quantitative Aptitude
4. General Knowledge
The 50 questions asked in the SSC CHSL Exam 2012 ( G.K. section are following ) :-
1. Who will act as chairman of Public Accounts Committee?
- The speaker of the Lok Sabha
- The Vice-President of India
- The Leader of the Opposition in Lok Sabha
- The Leader of the House
2. Who was chosen unanimously as the President of India ?
- K.R. Narayanan
- Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
- Dr. S. Radhakrishan
- Neelam Sanjiva Reddy
3. The Constitution of India was passed by the Constituent Assembly on ?
4. The power to decide an election petition is vested in the ?
5.The 1857 Mutiny failed mainly because ?
- of lack of planning and leadership
- it was premature
- the British got French support
- the British numbered more
6. The story of ‘My Experiments with Truth’ is autobiography of ?
7. The basic characteristics of a capitalistic economy is ?
- absense of monopoly
- large scale production in primary industaries
- full employment
- the private ownership of the means of production
8. Which one of the following taxes is not a direct tax ?
- Sales tax
- Estate tax
- Gift tax
- Wealth tax
9. UNDP prepares ?
10. Fiscal policy refers to ?
11. Public opinion gets an authoritative expression in a democracy through ?
- Pressure Groups
- Public Meetings
12. Which one of the following is not a determine factor of a country’s foreign policy ?
- Cultural Conditions
- Religious Conditions
- National Interests
13. What is the capital of Himachal Pradesh ?
14.Tides in the sea have stored in them ?
15. Delivery of developed foetus is scientifically called as ?
16. Thyroxine hormone is secreted by ?
17. The digestive juice which has no enzyme is ?
18. An essential feature of the seed germination is the presence of ?
19. Plants that grow on stones and rocks are ?
20. Who among the following made the Ganpati festival very popular in Maharastra ?
- Mahadev Ranade
- Bal Gangadhar Tilak
- Gopal Krishna Gokhale
- Annie Besant
21. The mughal ruler sho built the Buland Darwaza was ?
22. Diarchy in the provinces was introduced through the ?
- Government of India Act, 1919
- Government of India Act, 1935
- Indian Councils Act, 1861
- Indian Council Act, 1892
23. Which of the following is the word’s largest desert ?
- The Great Australian Desert
- Arabian Desert
24. The rate of erosion in a stream is lowest where ?
25. The name ‘ Sahyadri’ is related to ?
- A rain-bearing wind
- depth is greater
- breadth is greater
- velocity is more
26. People die in an atmosphere of carbon dioxide because ?
27. Which of the following acts as photosensitizer during photosynthesis ?
28. What happens when bleaching powder is left exposed to air ?
29. Arsenic pollution leads to ?
- White foot disease
- Black foot disease
30. Which one of following does not contribute to pollution ?
- Hydroelectric Power Plant
- Atomic Power Plant
- Thermal Power Plant
- Nuclear Power Plant
31. Which of the following are the two major components of dry air ?
- Nitrogen and Ammonia
- Oxygen and Carbon dioxide
- Nitrogen and Oxygen
- Oxygen and Argon
32. Tactile hair is found in the body of ?
33. The source of energy in the Sun is ?
34. Which one of the following materials is used as controller in a nuclear reactor power generator ?
- Heavy Water
35. Banking of the curves on road or railway track is done to provide ?
- gravitational force
- angular force
- centripetal force
- centrifugal force
36. ……….is a type of application software used for communication ?
- Image editing
- Word Processing
37. A floppy disk is ?
- Used as the primary memory in computer system
- made up of magnetic metrial
- a semiconductor random-access memory
- an EPROM
38. MDI stands for ?
39. What is the full form of FCI ?
40. The Twelfth Five Year Plan will be operative for the period ?
41. The state with largest gap in male and female literacy is ?
42. ” Better to reign in hell than serve in heaven.” Who said these words ?
43. Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty ( CTBT ) is associated with the ban on which of the followings ?
- Ban on nuclear tests for developing arsenals
- Ban on teerrorism
- Ban on certain organisations under UN laws
- Ban on money laundering activities
44. The Pulitzer Prize is associated with which of the following ?
- Olympic Games
- Environmental Protection
- Civil Aviation
45. Which one of the following is not an example of Lotc ecosystem ?
46. Permissible noise level at industrial area during daytime is ?
47. Benazir Bhutto, the former Pakistan Prime Minnister was assassinated in ?
48.Which of the following is correctly matched ?
- Silk Research Institute – Banglore
- Sugar Research Institute – Chennai
- Leather Research Institute – Lucknow
- Rice Research Institute – Cuttack
49. Who was affectionately known as the ” Grand Old Man of India ” ?
50. India test fired successfully its Agni-V, surface-to-surface ICBM from Wheeler Island on ?
Directions : In questions no. 1 to 5, select the related letters/word from the given alternatives.
1. VAB : UCD : : TEF : ?
2. Room : Floor : : River : ?
3. Sea : Shore : : River : ?
4. Satyajit Ray : Films : : Picasso : ?
5. ABC : ZYX : : DEF : ?
Directions : In questions no. 6 to 9, select the one which is different from the other three responses .
- 24, 32
- 34, 51
- 32, 48
- 10, 15
- 2, 1, 5, 4, 3
- 1, 5, 2, 3, 4
- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
- 1, 2, 3, 5, 4
- 3, 5, 1, 4, 2
- 5, 3, 1, 2, 4
- 5, 3, 4, 1, 2
- 3, 5, 4, 2, 1
- 2, 3, 1, 4, 5
- 1, 4, 3, 2, 5
- 4, 3, 2, 1, 5
- 3, 5, 1, 2, 4
- 12, 15
- 13, 14
- 7, 11
- 10, 13
- 7 2/5
- 8 3/5
- 9 years
- 10 years
- 7 years
- 8 years
- 15/3-2+2×2 = 10
- 15/3-2+2×2 = 7
- 15×3+4-2/2 = 20
- 15×3+4-2/2 = 14
- 533 926632
- 355 293326
- 355 293362
- 533 296632
Directions : In questions no. 51 to 56, some parts of the sentences have errors and some have none . Find out which part of a sentence has an error, blacken the oval corresponding to the appropriate letter ( A, B, C) . If a sentence is a free from error, blacken the oval corresponding to ( D ) in the Answer Sheet .
She is preparing ( A ) / for this examination (B )/ since 2004 (C )/ No error (D)
I can depend upon ( A ) / your help (B )/ can I ? (C )/ No error (D)
I am tired ( A ) / so I’ll lay down (B) / and take rest . ( C ) / No error ( D )
If her grandfather ( A ) / would have lived three more days ( B ) / he would have been 100 years old . ( C ) / No error ( D )
India has got ( A ) / freedom (B) / in 1947 . ( C ) No error . ( D )
Every scientific invention ( A ) / has proved ( B ) / much harmful to society than beneficial. ( C ) / No error ( D )
- to make efforts that are useless and/or vain
- to make every possible effort
- to make a great effort
- to act intelligently
- to detect the true nature
- to ignore something
- to persist with something
- to see off
- A cry in disgrace
- a cry with laughter
- a cry in vain
- an unpleasant situation
- to agitate against
- to upset the balance
- to conspire against
- to create difficulties
- cousin’s sister
- cousin brother
- No improvement
- very good to
- rather good to
- too good to
- No improvement
- have been living
- have lived
- am living
- No improvement
In a shop, a watch carried a price tag of Rs. 825 . The salesman offered a discount of 20% on the marked price . If on the sale he got a profit of 10%, the cost price ( in rupees ) is
The ratio of boys and girls in a school is 3 : 2 . When 6 more girls join, this ratio becomes 6 : 5 . Then the number of boys in the school is
- 7 : 4
- 2 : 5
- 3 : 2
- 5 : 2
- 80, 100
- 65, 115
- 60, 120
- 70, 110
If you are giving this exam in any other language ( Hindi, Urdu etc. ) then please translate this question paper with the help of a translating service such as ‘ Google Translate ‘ as it will not be possible for me to write it in all the languages .
For the candidate who have already give this exam :-
The answer key will be uploaded very soon on this page; However SSC will also publish it on official page ( www.ssc.nic.in ) in the upcoming weeks .