‘ VAO exam’ which is exactly Village Administrative Officer Exam, is conducted by TNPSC ( Tamilnadu Public Service Commission ) almost every year to select village administrative officers for Tamilnadu Villages . This time the notification of this exam will be given in June – July , 2013 by TNPSC . Let us take a look the details of the exam –
Date of notification of the advertisement – Yet to be announced ( June – July )
Date of exam – Yet to be announced ( September – October )
Result of exam – ( November – December )
Interview or Counseling for final selection – Yet to be announced
Number of Vacancies
Vacancies are not fixed so it varies for every year’s advertisement ; Number of vacancies will be posted in the latest detailed advertisement notification .
Number of vacancies in 2012 – Not fixed
Reservation of Vacancies
Mostly, TNPSC( Tamilnadu Public Service Commission ) releases advertisement for VAO exam in two parts
1. One for SC/ST candidates ( Shortfall vacancies ) .
2. Second for other categories .
However vacancies are reserved for women, Differently Abled persons and Ex-Servicemen but there is no reservation for such candidates in shortfall vacancies . All will be cut off from other categories ( general vacancies ) vacancies .
As there are special vacancies for SC/ST categories so they are required to send only one application, not for general categories .
Special Instructions -
1. 30 % of vacancies are reserved for women in every district of Tamilnadu .
2. Same is with ex-servicemen, 5 % vacancies are reserved for them in every district .
3. There is a 3% reservation for Differently Abled (Orthopedic) in this exam .
4. If no woman is there for a particular vacancy then that vacancy will be filled by a male candidate of that particular category
Who Can apply ( Eligibility )
Candidates should attain 21 years age i.e candidate’s age should not be less than 21 years . This is applicable to all the candidates.
Candidates must not attain 40 years age i.e. A forty years candidate can not apply for this post .
Above two rules applicable to the following categories
SC/ SC (Arunthathiyars)
Destitute Widows of all castes
Special Instructions -
1. If you are a person who is affected by the ban order as per the orders of the Government then there is a good news for you, for persons like you, there is special rule of relaxation in your maximum age limit indicated to apply for this post .
2. If you are a government employee since 5 years in Tamilnadu ( Under state or central government ) and you do not belong to schedule casts given above then you can not apply for this exam .
3. If you are a TANSI ( No matter technical or non-technical ) & not employed to government undertaking companies then you may apply for this exam ; there is no age limitations for you .
Candidate must have the following educational qualification, if he/she is wishing to apply for this exam –
The educational qualification required for this exam is a minimum general educational qualification .
The candidate must have a S.S.L.C pass certificate to apply for this exam .
A 10th pass candidates may apply for this post.
Candidates who are having equivalent qualification ( Equivalent to S.S.L.C ) can also apply for this post, instructions to find out your eligibility to apply with your equivalent qualification is –
There is a simple test, if you are eligible to apply for higher studies in colleges & diploma courses with the base of your educational qualification then you may apply for this exam .
1. The candidate must have the above necessary educational qualification at the time of advertisement i.e. your educational certificate must be released before advertisement date .
2. Candidate must have S.S.L.C. or equivalent educational qualification to apply for this exam ; It does not matter that you have a higher educational qualification .
Note – Do not forget to attach your educational certificates with your application form otherwise your application form will be rejected .
Tamil Language (Not Must)
It will not be possible for you to work as a village administrative officer in Tamiladu if you do not know about ‘Tamil’ Language .’Tamil ‘ is the language of Tamilnadu and as this recruitment is for Tamilnadu villages so ‘Tamil Language’ is a must qualification required apply for this exam .
So the candidate should have a good knowledge of ‘ Tamil ‘ with the following certificates –
S.S.L.C Certificate with Tamil as a subject .
S.S.L.C. Certificate if you have passed your class with Tamil medium .
Second Class Language Test Certificate ( This exam is conducted by TNPSC ) .
Now what if you do not know about ‘Tamil’ , I often see this question by many candidates –
Can I apply for VAO exam without knowledge of Tamil Language ?
Well; Yes you can apply for this exam . If you selected in this exam then you have to pass a Tamil language exam which is also conducted by TNPSC .
You have to pass this exam within 2 years from the date of appointment .
Selection Procedure for VAO Exam
Selection process of TNPSC ( Tamilnadu Public Service Commission ) for VAO exams is quite simple and clear . Basically it all depends upon the written exam but there are some other parameters also such as –
District indicted/described by the candidate .
Reservation of vacancies in specific districts .
However these are parts of selection process but it all depends on your performance in the written examination held by TNPSC .
You must get 90 marks for selection .
Written Exam Pattern
The written exam scheme for Village Administrative Office exam ( VAO exam ) by TNPSC( Tamilnadu Public Service Commission ) is following –
Written exam will be conducted in two following parts –
1. General Knowledge
There will be 100 items in this section and the questions will be of S.S.L.C. Standard . This paper will be set in both languages, English & Tamil .
2. General Tamil/General English
It is same of above paper, there will be also 100 items of S.S.L.C. standard . Candidate may choose any language between Tamil & English ( In the application form only, not at the time of exam ).
The complete question paper consist of 200 questions ( 100 + 100 ) carrying total 300 marks ( 150 + 150 ) .You have to complete the whole paper in 3 hours .
You have to attain minimum 90 marks to qualify the test for selection .
Some sample/last year question paper for VAO exam are available here -
How to Apply ( Online or Offline )
Candidates may apply online on the official website of TNPSC, and pay they fee in any of the modes – offline or online .
Candidates need not send the printout of the online application or any other supporting
documents to the Commission. The certificates will be verified only when the candidates
come up for next stage of selection.
Stay Connected with TNPSC
Check Your Application Status
You can check your application status on the official website of Tamilnadu Public Service Commission ; Here are the simple steps –
1. First of all go to the following web address
2. Now just look for Village Administrative Exam section and click on it .
3. Fill up the required details such as application number and press enter to know your status .
Admit Card / Hall Ticket
You will need a admit card by TNPSC at the time of written exam which is going to be conducted in September so admit cards will be available in the last weeks of August .
Result of VAO Exam 2012 – 2013
The result will be declared in November
Every year lakhs of candidates sit in the VAO exam to be selected as a VAO in Tamilnadu; After written exam, every candidate is eager to know their results for their written exam.
Tamilnadu Public Service Commission ( TNPSC ) will release the result of Village Administrative Officer Exam online on the official website of TNPSC which is located at the following web address –
TNPSC will simply releases a PDF file and that file is the result for VAO exam in Tamilnadu . The PDF file consist of a list of all registration numbers of candidates who are selected in the exam .
Here are the 3 simple steps to get your result –
1. First of all go to the following address
2. Now look for ‘ Village Administrative Officers Exam ‘ and download the file which is in PDF format .
3. Now open the same in Adobe Reader and press Cntrl + F ; a dialog box will appear , simply enter your application number and press Enter to search your name .